Ian's favorite movie is "Cars." It's funny because I tried to get him interested in it when he was a year old, but tv could not get his attention. Around this time last year, we were in a waiting room somewhere and "Cars" was playing. He wouldn't take his eyes off the screen. So we bought the movie and for a couple months he was watching it about twice a day. It has really taken time to get him interested in anything else. "Finding Nemo" was soon his next favorite movie and sometimes he wanted to watch it back to back. Well, the other day I popped in "Chicken Little" and he was a bit reluctant to watch it at first. When it finished, he found his "Chicken Little" storybook and realized he had two of the character toys, which he has been toting around the house ever since. This morning, "Monsters Inc" was on tv and he found his "Monsters Inc" storybook right after it finished. It makes me laugh because I try to get him to branch out on his movie choices, but he fights me. I have to tell him I want to watch it before he'll comply. Now he enjoys other movies as well. It's nice that I get to hear other movies too, since I have "Finding Nemo" and "Cars" memorized.
Ian likes to make up his own songs. When he first started talking, he made up a song that made us all laugh "Mama, Dada, Nama, Gampa, Audie." A few weeks ago as he was eating breakfast, he was singing another song that I could not understand. When I asked him about it, he told me it was his "eat breakfast, drink milk song." Talk about cute! [I will not be surprised if he gets into the music industry when he's older.] So, he has now taken to singing to Ember when she is crying or fussy. Sometimes it calms her down and he will keep singing for several minutes to keep her happy. Sometimes though, she doesn't stop crying and he only sings for a few seconds before saying "stop crying!" I probably shouldn't admit this, but it really makes me laugh.
As you can tell from the above paragraph, Ian is such a sweet big brother. The other night, I had some laundry I wanted to put away before putting Ember in bed for the night (she still sleeps in our room), so I put her next to Ian to watch a movie with him while I took care of the laundry. She was crying because she was sleepy and Ian spent the time feeding her cheerios to keep her happy. It was so sweet. I love being a mom and seeing the sweetness of my children.
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment