Slideshow

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Music, Play Time, and New Neice

We went to the park the other day and Ian began another of his serenades. Well, I don't know that I should call it a serenade. He was singing at the top of his lungs as he ran from one part of the playground to another. His songs are pretty much gibberish; that or he knows another language that I didn't teach him. Anyway, he's running around the park singing and Michael and I just kept smiling. There weren't many people nearby and they wouldn't necessarily know that he was singing, but we laughed anyway. He's such a ham sometimes.

Yesterday the kids and I visited a friend in the next town and she has three kids; the youngest is an eight year old boy and the house was full of neighborhood kids. Ian was so shy when we first got there, but by the end he was chasing the older kids from one end of the house to the other. It brought me joy to hear the giggles coming from his mouth. He was in heaven playing with older boys. I think we may frequent that house so Ian has some good social interaction since we are rather secluded here in our little town.

Also, my brother and his wife just had a baby today (two hours ago to be exact) and it's their first so it's pretty exciting! I know she's got to be gorgeous because she's half El Salvadorian and her mom is beautiful. I just have to brag. She was 6 pounds 7 ounces and 19.5 inches long, born at 11:26am.

No comments: