Slideshow

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Ember's first popsicle

I totally regret not getting this momentous occasion on camera. The truth is that I didn't think it would be momentous when I gave it to her. Of course the face that she made expressed surprise at the temperature. It looked much like a sour face. I will totally take a picture next time and post it for you all to see. When it got small enough, I let her hold it herself, but her 11 month old mind didn't grasp the purpose of the stick. As she was holding onto the actual popsicle, she began to scream in pain. I think it took her a moment to realize that it was the popsicle that was causing her pain. After I took it out of her hands, I thought she was continuing to cry because she wanted more, so I gave her another bite. [I was cutting small amounts off to give to her.] She calmed down at first, then she began to scream like she did a moment earlier. It occurred to me that she was then experiencing brain freeze for her first time. Wow! Totally classic. I love watching my children experiencing new things in life.

No comments: