I had a revelation this week. Children's shows CAN be beneficial for your child. It is so critical for children to exercise their imaginations. Ian found a "Go, Diego, Go" book at the library about a month ago. After we brought it home, he kept telling me that he wanted to watch it and couldn't grasp the idea that you can't pop a book into a DVD player and make it play a movie. After I checked out some of the Diego DVD's from the library, he watched them almost constantly for the next week. I personally couldn't stand them; the repitition was quite annoying to me. I had to turn the volume down or it would drive me nuts. Yesterday, Ian built some binoculars out of his duplo's and began to "spy" animals around our house; mostly lions (this might also be due to "The Lion King" that he's been watching lately). It was so cute when Ember and I became what he was spying through his binoculars. "Look, mama, big lion," he says as he points at me. Then "Look, little lion," he says as he's pointing to Ember. Maybe I just think it's cute when he seems to be speaking in endearing terms towards his sister.
Note: Repitition is wonderful for children and these movies have helped Ian learn to use action words because of that.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Don't you just love kids' imaginations?! I'm not editing anymore for right now. I quit working when Jack was born. Maybe someday I will take it up again, but right now I want to focus on being a full-time mom!
Post a Comment