We did two Halloween's this year; a trunk-or-treat with Michael's dad on Halloween Eve and the other was just us. Someone told us about a well-off development in this area that supposedly gives out lots of candy. It's a gated community, but I was given the code to enter; however the code did not work, so we hitched on behind another car that went through the gate. When we drove inside, there were hardly any porch lights on, so we just stopped the car and decided to catch a couple houses. When we went to get Ian and Ember out of the car, Ian was fast asleep. We had only been in the car for a few minutes. I guess he was pretty tired. I wish I had snapped a picture; it was so darn cute. But we were kind of in a hurry to get home, as Michael was due to work in the morning. We asked him if he wanted to go trick-or-treating and he immediately woke up. He usually doesn't wake up that sudden or that happy for that matter. We ended up going to only about six houses before we were tired of climbing into the car and hunting for another porch light. This is a big time retirement area, so I guess people head to bed pretty early here. Anyway, here are pictures of the kids. Ian had a fun time dressing up.
So, I thought I would let Ian pick out his own costume this year. I was under the impression that he might really care what he dressed up for. A friend of mine let us borrow a Buzz Lightyear costume, but I guess since Ian had not seen "Toy Story" he didn't understand and wasn't interested in wearing it. We went to the store and found three costumes in his size and I asked him which one he wanted to wear. Basically he didn't care and he liked this one ok, so I chose it because it was the cutest of the three.
Wow, it was so much cuter on him than in the package!



No comments:
Post a Comment